The Libyan regime's strongman, Muammar Gaddafi, has no intention of leaving office and intends to fight to preserve it.
This much was announced by the Libyan dictator Tuesday during an address to the nation.
Describing himself as "a Bedouin warrior" who has brought glory to his country and as the leader of the Revolution Muammar Gaddafi said he would not leave Libya and he will fight until the last drop of blood to stay.
"I shall die as martyrs if necessary," he told the crowd gathered on the green square to listen. Drugs and hallucinogenic pills
In a speech sometimes rambling, Muammar Gaddafi blamed foreign powers and the Arab media is responsible for the revolt that engulfed the country last week.
In the words of Colonel Gaddafi, the protest movement is the work of agents and foreign agitators, including Americans and Tunisians, who raised the nation's youth by giving them "weapons, drugs and hallucinogenic pills .
In a dramatic surge in verbal, Libyan leader urged the people to defend themselves and stand against the enemies of the regime. In the same breath, he threatened the protesters took up arms for the death penalty.
We, Libyans, who have resisted in the past [...] United States and Great Britain, we will not do.
- Muammar Gaddafi
Gaddafi called on Libyans to go out into the streets Wednesday for support against what he calls a "conspiracy abroad."
A betrayal of the Arab media
As for foreign media, all banned in the country, Muammar Gaddafi has accused of giving a bad image of the Libyan people and to try to discredit the country and its government. He, in this chapter, the Arab media accused of betraying the Libyan people.
Brandishing his Green Paper which he read from the Libyan strongman had promised the people of Libya to decentralize power structures and to grant more autonomy to regional governments in the country.
Foreigners flee the country by thousands
Tens of thousands of foreigners were trying Tuesday to leave Libya to escape the bloody repression of the protest movement that shook the country last week.
However, the chaos that has arisen in the country complicates the evacuation of foreign nationals. Thousands of Tunisians and Egyptians working in Libya since Monday massed at the border of the country to return home.
Egypt and Tunisia have also strengthened their military presence on their border with Libya and prepare to welcome the wounded and nationals fleeing the country. According to Cairo, Egypt has about 1.5 million citizens in Libya. Tunisia account for its share over 30 000.
According to the Egyptian army in several crossing points, border guards have been replaced by the Libyan people's committees of unknown allegiance yet. The Libyan leader addresses nation
According to Al-Arabiya television, citing Libyan state, Muammar Gaddafi is about to contact the Libyan people.
According to the sources, the strongman of the regime announce major reforms, including measures of decentralization and the establishment of autonomous budgets for different regions of the country.
Several countries have begun to evacuate their own nationals in Libya by sending military aircraft to repatriate their nationals. This is particularly the case in France, Tunisia, Egypt, Italy and the Netherlands.
Moreover, most no plane can land at the airport in Benghazi, whose runways were destroyed, said Tuesday the Egyptian foreign minister told Reuters.
More than 2,500 Turkish workers gathered in the port of Benghazi pending Turkish ships that are coming to take them.
Several foreign companies also undertake the repatriation of their workforce in Libya. Royal Dutch Shell, among others, ordered the repatriation of all its employees and their families. 500 Canadians in Libya
About 500 Canadians are currently in Libya, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Canada. Although it has not yet put them to flight, the Canadian government urged its citizens to the utmost caution and avoid public gatherings in the country.
The plan is unleashed against the crowds
Meanwhile, Libya, the situation continues to deteriorate, according to the bits of information emanating from countries where the authorities banned all access to foreign media. A preliminary assessment prepared by the International Federation of Human Rights considers that the crackdown has killed at least 400 dead so far in Libya. Besides the live ammunition on demonstrators, the Libyan government had also used planes and helicopters to attack the crowd. Bands of African mercenaries in the pay plan also would merely spread terror in the streets of major cities.
Residents contacted Tuesday by news agencies report that planes bombed the crowds and fired rounds to disperse the demonstrators. On Monday, the son of President Gaddafi, Seif al-Islam, provided that they are repositories of weapons that were targeted by aircraft.
But hours later, Libyan fighter pilots put their aircraft in Malta, saying they refused to fire on demonstrators.
Other witnesses speak of massacres of men and women by gunmen who shoot indiscriminately in the suburbs of Tripoli, the capital. The demonstrators, far from giving up, have taken control of several towns, including Benghazi, the second largest city in the country. The region of Tobruk would also no longer under the control of the Libyan government, according to Reuters.
The violent repression against the demonstrators provoked strong reactions from the international community urges the Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi to stop the violence or leave office altogether.
Muammar Gaddafi denied
State television has denied the reports, describing them as rumors and lies that are part of a psychological war.
For the first time since the start of the challenge, Colonel Gaddafi made Monday a very brief appearance on television denying that he fled to Venezuela.