Saturday, January 29, 2011

A third medal for Diane Roy

Diane Roy put his hand on his third World Championships medal para-athletics currently taking place in Christchurch, New Zealand. Saturday morning, local time, the athlete of Sherbrooke is mounted on the second step of the podium in the 400m T54.
The American Tatyana McFadden has been the fastest on the track and won gold in a time of 54.88 seconds Roy concluded at 2.02 s of McFadden, while the representative of Switzerland Manuela Schaer was third with a time of 57.93 seconds
"I knew that the American was virtually untouchable, so I really was aiming for second place. I had a very good start. At 200 meters from the finish, there was still someone beside me who was also McFadden before, so I told myself that I should just keep my pace to reach my goal, "claimed medalist bronze in the 800 m.
A scenario that repeats itself
Annoyed by rain since the start of competition, Roy hoped not to relive the same situation as 5000 m, whereas it had been foiled by Mother Nature.

Click here to find out more! "A few hours before the race, the big gray clouds covered the sky. Unwilling to take any chances, I decided to put my wheels of rain. Knowing I'm not the same power with these wheels, I was extremely stressed and worried. Moreover, I knew I was low on my departure in the 400, so I do not want to see a bad performance. "
"With the stress and anxiety to manage, it's as if I had won gold. I managed to fight my fears, but also get my first medal in the 400 m. "
Recall that Roy finished with the silver medal in the 1,500 meters in the T54 category on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment